LSU score prediction: The projection model indicates that Alabama will defeat LSU, 33-22, with a 75 percent likelihood to win the game outright. Point spread: The lines at SI Sportsbook favor Alabama by 13.5 points over LSU with an over/under mark set at 56 points for the matchup.
FPI prediction: Football Power Index gives Alabama the 76.4 percent chance to defeat LSU, and the Tigers the 23.6 percent shot to take down the Crimson Tide, according to the computer that simulates teams' seasons 20,000 times to predict scores based on previous results and schedules.
If LSU wins out, the FiveThirtyEight model gives the Tigers a 94% shot at making the cut. At 9-2 and a spot in the SEC Championship game, LSU has a chance to be the first two-loss team in the playoff, but Tennessee was standing in its way. Tennessee had just one loss and a head-to-head win over LSU.
And, because whenever oddsmakers do doubt college football's most feared program, it gets even scarier. They've labeled Alabama an underdog three times over 13 seasons: the 2009 SEC championship against Florida; a 2015 regular season game against Georgia; and last month's SEC title game against Georgia.
Alabama LSU score prediction: The projection model indicates that Alabama will defeat LSU, 33-22, with a 75 percent likelihood to win the game outright. Point spread: The lines at SI Sportsbook favor Alabama by 13.5 points over LSU with an over/under mark set at 56 points for the matchup.
The Yale-Princeton rivalry is the oldest in college football, dating back to 1873. Yale and Princeton dominated the college football scene when this rivalry began, with Yale claiming 13 outright national titles and Princeton claiming eight between 1869 and 1894. The 2018 game was played at Fenway Park.
The Alabama–LSU football rivalry, also known as the "First Saturday in November" and the "Saban Bowl", is an American college football rivalry between the Alabama Crimson Tide football team of the University of Alabama and the LSU Tigers football team of Louisiana State University.
Here are the 6 most painful losses under Saban in his time in Tuscaloosa.
The Alabama-Tennessee series dates more than 100 years, with the teams playing every year since 1928 with the exception of 1943, when there was a break for World War II. The late Paul W. “Bear” Bryant famously played a role in the rivalry as a player long before he did as a legendary coach at Alabama.
When you look closely, the SEC is still probably the best conference top to bottom. The Big 12 seems to be top heavier, but there just aren't many gimmies in the SEC. There have been a lot of conference matchups this year between the Big Ten and Pac-10, as well as Big East and ACC.
These 12 are the first that come to mind.
When Saban has the opportunity to get right and win the next game following a loss, he has done so. The last time Alabama lost 2 consecutive games was 2013, when they lost the Iron Bowl and then a bowl game to Oklahoma. Saban hasn't lost 2 consecutive regular-season games since his inaugural season in 2007.
Following Alabama's 30-6 homecoming win over Mississippi State in Bryant-Denny Stadium Saturday, Crimson Tide Coach Nick Saban has an all-time Alabama record of 190-26 in his 15 ½ seasons. The victory over the Bulldogs was the 15th in a row under Saban, having won all but in his first season, 2007.
The acceptance rate at LSU is 74.2%. For every 100 applicants, 74 are admitted. This means the school is lightly selective. The school will have their expected requirements for GPA and SAT/ACT scores. If you meet their requirements, you're almost certain to get an offer of admission.
"Persistence is what makes Coach Saban such a good recruiter. If he wants a guy, he'll make that guy feel like no one wants him more than Alabama. That's why you have to be very prepared to respond to Coach Saban when he asks you about a player you are recruiting.
The NFL's 10 Most Hated Teams
College football: Recent study reveals the 16 biggest fan bases
Since only one Vince Lombardi Trophy is awarded to the team (ownership) itself, the Super Bowl ring offers a collectible memento for the actual players and team members to keep for themselves to symbolize their victory. There are also rings provided to the runners-up team of the Super Bowl.
A spread of +3.5 means a team must win outright or lose by fewer than four points to cover the spread. A +3.5 spread is particularly enticing in football because, as noted earlier, 3-point victory margins are extremely common. An example of a +3.5 spread: New England Patriots +3.5. Miami Dolphins -3.5.
College football's 12 best rivalry games
A move to the SEC in 2024 for Texas and Oklahoma would also line up with the new 12-team College Football Playoff. For the Big 12 Conference, Texas and Oklahoma moving on would allow the league to focus on its new branding and begin the 12-team Playoff era with its long-term membership.
In the early 2010s, then-A&M president R. Bowen Loftin was, according to Wilson, "uncomfortable with the lack of stability in the Big 12." Loftin recalled in 2021 that he had felt discomfort with the conference since attending his first meeting of the conference board shortly after becoming president in 2009.
Who pays for the Super Bowl rings? The NFL typically contributes anywhere from $5,000 to $7,000 per ring for up to 150 rings per team, with any additional costs falling to the team owners. Those numbers might seem daunting, but pale in comparison to the impact a Super Bowl victory has on a team's value.